This is the first Burda Style pattern that I have ever tried to do. The pattern pages in the magazine put me off of trying them out last year. But the post on Pattern Review message boards really helped make sense of the craziness on the page.
One thing to remember- add your seam allowances! I forgot to add that to the tracing paper pattern piece for the front, but at least I realized it before cutting. At least I was able to add something on during that for the front piece. I did remember to add the seam allowance to the back pattern piece I traced before cutting out my paper pattern. 50% probably isn’t bad for first try with the Burda Style magazine.
The pattern goes together pretty easily. There are no darts in it. I used a 36 for the bust area and graded out to a 40 for the hips. I don’t seem to have as much blousyness as mentioned by others on pattern review website. But I do have a gaping problem at the keyhole- but at least the tie does sort of cover that up. I also used a rayon challis as my fabric choice so that may have something to do with that but I am not sure. I wanted a nice easy neutral summer sleeveless blouse which could be worn to work with a cardigan. I may have to go change out the button to a larger one that has more substance. My button sort of looks out of place.
I didn’t want a thick tie so may tie pieces are about 6 inches wide total (so 3 inch folded over). I didn’t interface the tie at all- I picked the rayon challis for its light flowyness so I wanted the tie to be similar. The length of the tie does weight it down a bit.
I think the pattern is a keeper. However before making another one I have 2 more tie collar blouse patterns to try out Simplicity 2154 and Colette Patterns Jasmine.