It looks like I am advancing in sewing skill level (maybe)? Vogue rates 8728 at an average and I didn’t have too much difficulties with it. The seam finishes may not be the best. They are nice but I probably should have used flat felled or something else. I had to redo the zipper. I tried using the sewing machine to put it in and it looks horrible. I am definitely better at hand picking zippers. Tailor tacking is getting better.
If I make it again, I really need to add an extra inch or so to the waist. I used half inch seams for the sides. My goodness that puppy is tight. I cut a size 14 all over. It worked well in the bust and hips- not the waist. Adding extra to the waist may cause one to lose some of the gathers in the bust and skirt. For the skirt that is alright. I am not so sure about the bust area losing gathers. Since I am petite, I had to take about 4 inches off the hem of the skirt. I used a 3 inch hem instead of a 2 inch hem so that I would have a knee length dress.
I used a rayon/ poly blend that had a linen look to it. The texture doesn’t take away from the pattern. It is the same type of fabric I had used for my 1964 Simplicity 5267 except that it is in more of a peachy coral color. I am not exactly in love with the dress but I do like it.