Time for Jungle January again. This time, I decided to make something for myself instead of the dolls.
I found this snake print rayon Challis in the spot the bolt clearance pile. This is the same snake print I rayon I passed up on early. I figured it would work well for McCall’s 5884 which I made previously in July 2014. So if you want more details on this patter please check out the link at the bottom. This time I went with version D (long-sleeved version) which should work well for spring and autumn.
So this time, I added 2 inches to the bottom. I found I liked to tuck and fluff my pink version so the extra length should help out. Then I raised the neckline at least an inch and a half. For the long-sleeved version (view D), I did make the finish cuff length of 9 inches. I don’t think there are separate cuff pieces for view C and view D or I lost the piece. But the cuff piece was 12 inches long and was falling off of my hand when I used the recommended side seams at five-eighths of an inch.
If you want more details be sure to check out the post for the pink top: https://sewbeading.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/from-doris-days-closet-mccalls-5884/
It was very windy but up near 60 degrees Fahrenheit for January. The wind just didn’t make for good pictures. The bishop sleeves were fluttering all over.