Back to a vintage pattern for my next top. I picked up McCall 4785 a couple of months ago when I was looking for vintage dress patterns. The pattern is copyrighted 1942. Much to my surprise, the pattern looks like it had never been made. Only part of the front piece was cut out. I picked up the pattern because it looked like a nice everyday sort of blouse, so part of me wonders why it was never made. Was it supposed to be a present and the original seamstress realized it was the wrong size?
I traced out the front and back pattern pieces only. I added to the side seams for the hip area and graded to nothing at the waist. I used the same cotton voile that was used for the Deer & Doe Blouse Airelle (I need to remember to get better pictures of this one) which should work well for the button down blouse. I used some ribbon to hem the top so I was able to keep some length.
I really like the fit of this top. I definitely should put in with the Deer & Doe Airelle blouse as patterns to turn to when in need of a top. Next time I make this I will definitely be adding at least two inches to the length (at the bottom) and I think I may also bring in the side seams a touch too from arm to waist area.
With Me-Made-May coming up, April has been the month of separates. I still have a Deer & Doe Airelle blouse to blog and a Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono tee done. I am currently working on a new skirt. I am not sure if I have enough for a whole month so I plan on seeing how many days out of the 31 I wear me-made items. The past couple weeks, the average has been 3 days of me-made items.