This is another one of the Keeper Dolly Duds for Simplicity patterns. This is the second one I have used. There are four out I think: one for Civil War era, one at early 1900s (aimed at Samantha and Rebecca dolls), one for the 1940s (Molly dolls), and this one is the newest aimed at the new American Girl doll set in the 1950s (Mary Ellen) debuting at the end of this month.
As always, here is my reminder. My Molly doll is from around 1993-ish so she is a little larger than the current dolls you can buy today. I didn’t make any alterations for size on the patterns and it fits her fine.
The top is view F from the pattern which is a sleeveless button down top (which uses snaps to fasten). I absolutely adore the top. It went together so easily. The arm is finished with a strip of bias (pattern piece is provided). I used thin Velcro that I have for the fasten and left off the buttons and snaps. I also lined the pockets so I wouldn’t have to try to fold under the seam allowance. A quarter-inch is fairly small so lining worked better.
I actually finished the Capri pants last month. Molly had to wait until last week for her top. In the mean time she had her Capri pants on with another top I made. I used an olive-green cotton twill for the pants. There are darts on the front at the waist and elastic in the back of the pants. They went together fairly easily. I didn’t add the tie to the waist as the twill is a bit thick. I didn’t notice that the hem was split so that is why she doesn’t have a split hem in her Capri. I think the next time, I may make a little larger hem but that is personal preference.