So I was just going to start on the Liesl & Co Late Lunch tunic when I did see that the middle of February, they were hosting a sew along for the Gallery tunic. I went ahead and picked up the pattern and searched my fabric stash for fabric. I was able to find a lovely watercolor floral rayon challis to use (and since I have six yards of it there will probably be another top too). Then I went along my merry way of putting together the Late lunch tunic (it is just waiting blog photos).
I used the same size I did for the late lunch (size 12). Then I went ahead and shortened the length by three inches. And I followed the instructions included in the pattern for a full bust alteration (of five eighth of an inch) after I had shortened the pattern.
I had removed two inches off the sleeve length. After finishing the sleeves are still way too long. I am still trying to decide what I want to do to fix them.
As for the placket, I did go ahead and hand stitch it closed a couple of inches so it wouldn’t be so low.
As of right now, the Late Lunch tunic and a crocheted hat are awaiting blog pictures. I would like to get the February quilt block done for the murder mystery quilt. As for future sewing projects, most of the patterns I am considering are tops such as Liesl & Co Cappuccino tunic/ dress, and Style Arc’s May and Kendall tops. Otherwise, the Pattern Review Winter Street dress, McCall’s 6696 shirt dress, and McCall’s 6844 cardigan are also being considered. I guess I will decide when I start tracing this weekend.