Here is my Vintage Pattern Contest entry. I chose Vogue 7637 from 1968. Now there isn’t too many pictures because it is just too hot to wear a wool dress for any length of time.
My pattern is a size 16 (bust 38, waist 30, and hips 40). I was fairly confident that the bust area would be fine but the waist is definitely too small. I used the hinge method and added 1.5 inches to each side seam (front and back). It may have been a little too much but at least it doesn’t look like the dress is a tent on me. Anyways, it was better too large than too small.
The length was shortened but I can’t remember if it was 3 inches or if it was 4 inches.
So the other area that I did pattern modifications to was the sleeve. The original sleeve pattern looked too small. Measuring at the bottom of the arm curve, I think it was around 14.5 inches. Trying to measure myself, it looked like I needed 17 inches. I split the pattern down the shoulder line then right under the arm hole curve and spread the additional 3 inches. Unfortunately they were not the right changes as now the sleeve doesn’t feel right. It is too tight when I move my arms. I think it is because I made the sleeve head shallower. The length of the sleeve is fine though. But honestly, any more sleeve alterations will have to wait until it is cooler outside. I think some of my fitting troubles is because even in the air-conditioned indoors, it is just too hot that one always feels clammy.