For the upcoming Doll Clothing Week, here are links to free patterns/ tutorials and such.
- Thimbles And Acorns: https://www.thimblesandacorns.com/category/free-patterns/
- AG Playthings: http://www.agplaythings.com/AG%20Patterns/DollDressPatterns.html
- (Note that the Pleasant Company patterns are designed for the dolls in the 1990s. These dolls will most likely be larger than current dolls being sold today.)
- Lee & Pearl free stuff: http://www.leeandpearl.com/free.html
- Lee & Pearl change the pattern provided free with their newsletter each year. This year’s free pattern is “Ola Brasil” in honor of the Girl of the Year Lea and the summer Olympics.
- Pixie Faire free patterns: http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/free-doll-clothes-patterns
- Pixie Faire tutorials: http://www.pixiefaire.com/blogs/doll-tips-and-tutorials
- Liberty Jane secret bonus tutorial tank dress: http://blog.libertyjaneclothing.com/2009/04/secret-bonus.html/
- Oliver + S popover sun dress: https://oliverands.com/free-patterns/popover-sundress/
- K+R Vintage Doll Patterns 1930/1940’s slip: http://2ndlifemercantile.com/blog/sdm_downloads/free-1930s-1940s-slip-pattern/
- Scientific Seamstress t-shirt: http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2011/02/few-months-ago-jen-from-stitch-simple.html
- Imagine Gnats Chloe tee & Cardigan: http://imaginegnats.com/sewing-free-18-inch-doll-shirt-pattern/
- Imagine Gnats Chloe dress: http://imaginegnats.com/sewing-free-18-inch-doll-dress-pattern/
- Imagine Gnats Eva Pants: http://imaginegnats.com/sewing-eva-pants-free-18-doll-pants-pattern/
- Susan Kramer: http://www.susankramer.com/dollclothes.html
- Doll It Up t-shirt (free with newsletter): https://www.doll-it-up.com/free-pattern/
- Doll It Up tutorials: https://www.doll-it-up.com/
- My Childhood Treasures free patterns: https://www.mychildhoodtreasures.com/collections/free-childrens-sewing-patterns
- Many Small Friends free patterns (need to sign up for newsletter): http://manysmallfriends.com/free-patterns-and-tutorials/
- Val Spiers free patterns: http://valspierssewsdolldesigns.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html
- Sweet Pea and Pumpkin free tee/ underwear: http://sweetpeaandpumkins.blogspot.com/2015/09/free-18-doll-undies-and-t-shirt-pattern.html
- Wren*Feathers free patterns:
Please realize that the list isn’t sorted by doll types. There is probably more free doll patterns on the internet that are not included in this list; please list them below in the comments.
As of August 2016, all patterns in the list were listed as free and links were correct. It is the right of the pattern designer to change that if he or she so decides; please realize it is your responsibility to check that the pattern is still free.
There are probably more patterns on Wren*Feathers (https://jenwrenne.wordpress.com/) but my search was from November of 2015 to August 2016. Also, at Pixie Faire website, there is Free Pattern Friday. One pre-selected pattern will be free for that Friday only.
All patterns are owned by the designer; they were kind enough to release them free on the internet so please don’t sell the patterns.