Nahji’s outfit consist of the Liberty Jane mini skirt and the Liberty Jane King’s Canyon Peplum top. I have already reviewed the skirt with Dell’s outfit. So this will just be the King’s Canyon Peplum.
Intermediate sewing level is probably about right for this project. It requires a light weight fabric which if you are not use to can cause problems. I used rayon challis that I had left over in the scrap bin. Rayon challis does require a lot of pinning as it is slippery.
As I really didn’t have any trim that I wanted to use it does seem a little plain on the front. I probably should have used one of the decorative stitches from my sewing machine. Or maybe I shouldn’t have done the split at the neck line. I am not sure.
It fits Nahji well and really wasn’t hard to stitch together. It does require having the right fabric suggestions to get a great drape. I double rolled the peplum hem and that did cause it to stick out in the rayon.
It took about a month with an I sized crochet hook but I finally finished Yarnspiration’s “Crochet It Shawl”. It took 2 balls of the country blue Caron simply soft yarn and 1 of the taupe color. The pattern was free.
The pattern is rated as intermediate. It is all single and double crochet stitches but I think it being a triangle is why it is at intermediate. It definitely take time and counting on the pattern.
Crochet It Shawl pattern
Our beloved Toby who has been seen here on the blog a little passed away today at 15 years and 4 months. Lala and I will miss you Toby.
Lauryce’s skirt has been done since early July . But I have been horrible about taking time to take pictures. There is at least 6 other doll items plus a couple of items for myself still needing pictures.
Lauryce got the Harajuku skirt from Liberty Jane. It was in the Hearts for Hearts/ Les Corrolles section so not the Wellie version.
All I remember is that this was extremely fast to sew. I think I had it completed in one evening from cutting to end. I know that I would have done as much as possible flat (even the hem) then put the elastic at the waist. Lastly was seaming up the back.
Lauryce’s skirt is from left over quilting cotton I had from the grey suit I previously made. Her top is Liberty Jane’s baseball tee which was previously made.