Tag Archive | 14 inch dolls

Harajuku Skirt (Hearts for Hearts dolls)

Lauryce’s skirt has been done since early July .  But I have been horrible about taking time to take pictures.  There is at least 6 other doll items plus a couple of items for myself still needing pictures.

Lauryce got the Harajuku skirt from Liberty Jane.  It was in the Hearts for Hearts/ Les Corrolles section so not the Wellie version.

All I remember is that this was extremely fast to sew.  I think I had it completed in one evening from cutting to end.  I know that I would have done as much as possible flat (even the hem) then put the elastic at the waist.  Lastly was seaming up the back.

Lauryce’s skirt is from left over quilting cotton I had from the grey suit I previously made.  Her top is Liberty Jane’s baseball tee which was previously made.

 

 

Advertisements

Simplicity 8574

Over Father’s Day weekend, several of the Hearts for Hearts girls got new outfits.  As I didn’t want to take away from Rahel’s bold necklaces, I decide to go with Simplicity 8574.  I did view A’s shirt and view B’s leggings.

The leggings used the same sueded ITY that I used for my McCall’s 6654 skirt.  Rahel’s t-shirt uses a cotton knit remnant that one of my friends gave me.

I really think this pattern is designed more in line with the Wellie Wishers sizing.  The shoulders and sleeves of Rahel’s top are just too big for her.  The sleeves would be easy enough to shorten, but I don’t think taking a 3/8th inch seam allowance on the armsythe will fix the shoulders being too wide.  I really don’t know the best way to fix the shoulder problem that Rahel has with this top.

Plus the top did not have a neckband piece.  It was another turn and hem type top.  I don’t feel like I get as nice of a finish this way.  So I cut a rectangular block about 1 inch wide and use it as a facing to finish the neckline.

The leggings are a bit baggy at the waistband.  The leggings should be much easier to adjust.  I think it should just be changing from a quarter-inch seam allowance to a bit over three-eighths seam allowance for the crotch seams.

After I finish up my purses for the Sew Powerful Purse project, I will probably make Rahel a different outfit.