A couple of years ago, I lost my favorite beaded bracelet (the Marlene) at the engineering competition I was helping at. I think that my coat caught the magnetic clasp and knocked it off my wrist. After I realized it was really gone, I re-ordered the supplies to make it. I even paid to ship the 2mm indigo round crystals all the way from Australia (which I made sure to buy enough extra beads).
After several messed up starts, this time I was determined to get this bracelet completed. I honestly think that this time the bracelet was much harder to make. Maybe because I knew that the bracelet is a hard make? I was trying to get it to look more similar to the picture in the book but I had a hard time achieving that.
Again, I did not use the recommended number of right angle stitches on the bezel. Looking at the example in the book, it really looks like the directions have you add an extra row on the front than what the example shows. On the back, I did add an extra row just to make sure I had a more secure bezel setting.
I read through my notes, previous blog post, and the instructions. But to be honest, I still couldn’t understand how to make the finished bracelet look more like the picture in the book. The bracelet does look very similar to original bracelet that I made.
This time I used a box clasp instead of the recommended magnetic clasp in the book. I have worn it a couple of times and the box style clasp seems to be holding up well and realistically probably blends in better with the art deco/ art nouveau style of the bracelet.