Both the dress and the apron are from quilting cotton.
Prairie Ruffle was listed as easy. I think that is appropriate for the dress. I really only looked at the directions for the collar of the dress and for the ruffle on the sleeve. But the apron while it wasn’t hard was definitely tricky when trying to imagine how the pieces go together. I used the instructions for the entire apron. I didn’t quite understand how the bottom corners at the hem were constructed either.
It isn’t something I usually do with doll clothes, but I would definitely recommend stay stitching the neck line for the apron. It is such a wide open neckline that the stay stitching should help it from stretching out until you finish it with the ruffle and bias binding.
As always, I didn’t want to make the buttonholes so the back closes with hook and loop fastener. I probably need to add another row of hook and loop fastener on the apron as the back is loose.
This is another personal preference but I didn’t want as long of a button placket down the apron. I kept all the buttons up on the bodice of the apron so I didn’t mess with the gathering of the apron skirt.