I really should have been working on making a squirrel from the Edward’s Menagerie, but I really wanted something that I could complete in a day. Instead, I pulled out Leisure Arts 6254’s booklet on dishcloth.
I started off with the first pattern in the book, Spiral. I used a G hook (4.25) and cotton yarn (Peaches and Cream if I remember correctly). The pattern was easy to follow. I just crochet very slow, so this one took me a couple of hours on Saturday and a couple more on the Sunday to finish. I really like the finished dishcloth. It looked and felt fairly substantial.
Then, as I was still putting off the squirrel, I went head and started the lacy dishcloth. This time, I went ahead and used the hook I got with the Crocheted Animal pals kit since it was a 4.0mm and the same ball of cotton yarn. The lacy dishcloth took about the same amount of time as the spiral. In the end, it doesn’t really look like a dishcloth. I think it is all the “holes” in the dishcloth that make me think that.